This position resides within Retail Development group, which is responsible for designing, building and maintaining new stores and service centers that help drive the company’s impressive growth worldwide. RD is also responsible for driving remodels and small works projects to enhance the client experience and operational efficiency.
The SFO Project Manager, based in Fremont, CA, directly oversees repairs and maintenance programs as well as unique, highly complex projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget, in close collaboration with various business partners. Within this group, a project is defined as the work required to do one of the following: facilitate repairs and maintenance programs, perform program roll-outs of capital improvements, or execute one-off small works capital improvements
Successfully completing critical repairs/maintenance and small works projects is critical to support Tesla’s rapid growth while also ensuring stores continue to meet our evolving standards. This individual partners with various RD teams, as well as other Tesla departments and external vendors. More specifically, this individual supports activities including roadmap planning, detailed project planning, project execution, reporting to leadership, risk identification and mitigation, progress presentations to leadership, and project close out.
- Ensures project management rigor is applied to the myriad projects in the Retail Development/SFO group, in addition to providing guidance to the Associate Project Manager on daily activities as needed:
- Maintains project management/vendor selection and management framework and ensures best practices are used across the group.
- Develops project plans, identifies dependencies, and tracks progress against established timelines by monitoring issues and risks, with the aim of keeping projects on schedule and within budget.
- Identifies projects/repairs that are high visibility or high risk, and dedicates required attention to lead risk mitigation activities, as needed, to ensure successful completion.
- Facilitates planning activities for SFO projects to thoughtfully plan schedules and ensure that projects receive the required resources and support.
- Manages/measures vendor by providing continual feedback throughout the execution of project/program, scope to ensure that Tesla standards are met.
- Ensures that all assignments related to NSO support, including setting up preventative/recurring maintenance cadence for new locations as well as supply replenishment portal and orders as needed.
- Drives effective communication and reporting across RD, and with other Tesla departments and vendors:
- Facilitates discussions with SFO/RD leadership to influence decision making and alignment among different stakeholders.
- Engages with cross-functional partners in a dynamic environment to ensure alignment to strategy and plans, and to address project issues and risks.
- Maintains meeting cadences, facilitates effective status meetings with SFO groups, Store Management, partners and vendors, and ensures dissemination of information and decisions to required stakeholders.
- Tracks and ensures visibility of program progress to extended teams and RD leadership by creating/populating status reports and detailed dashboards to effectively display the end-to-end health of SFO projects.